Today, Mark Johnson is becoming the CEO of Zite. Mark has been an advisor to Zite for almost two years and was instrumental in our pivot from Worio to Zite. He brings a strong product and technology background with experience at several successful search startups: Powerset (natural language search, acquired by Microsoft), Kosmix (categorized search, acquired by Walmart), and SideStep (travel search, acquired by Kayak). Most recently, he led product at Bing in San Francisco. We’re really excited to have him leading the team to help change the way people discover and browse content.
- Faster-loading and scrolling in the web-reading view.
- Web mode articles now have the same sharing options (Twitter, Facebook, Instapaper, Delicious) that existed in reading mode.
- In-application web-browsing, i.e., if you click on a link, you are able to browse the content without leaving Zite.
- Option for users to convert a web mode page to a reading mode page.
- General bug fixes and performance improvements.
Let us know what you think about the update and if there are any features that you’d like to see in the next release.