We are looking for engineers who are interested in tackling gnarly big-data problems. We analyze tens of millions of new documents a day, contributing to a corpus numbering in the billions. Our back-end system must be able to generate real-time recommendations on this corpus while constantly processing new data.
We want smart, motivated and flexible all-around developers who can work well on a team. If you can demonstrate those qualities, then inexperience with large-scale systems won’t hold you back. That said, these qualities will help:
- Experience building flexible distributed systems
- A keen intuition for fault-tolerant architectures
- Familiarity with C++ and Python
- Knowledge of the vagaries of the AWS ecosystem
- Real-time analytics background